Environmental and Resource Impacts
We aim to reduce electricity consumption through the following measures:
- Where possible, the use of electricity-saving devices such as LCD monitors and peripherals with auto-sleep and shutdown features.
- Use of energy-efficient lighting
- Ensuring that only the required devices to perform a given task are switched on.
- All non-essential devices are switched off when not in use, and essential devices are in low-power mode when not in use.
- Considering the energy-efficiency rating upon the purchase of all new hardware.
- Desktops and laptops are automatically switched off at the end of the day.
We aim to reduce in-studio waste through the following measures:
- Reducing the need for printing where possible.
- Recycling all paper, plastic, e-waste and glass.
- Choosing to use sustainably-produced, reusable and/or recycled materials where available.
Where possible, we elect to use public transport to travel to client meetings, or if not practicable, to travel in as few vehicles as possible.
We also undertake to ensure that we educate our clients on the choices offered by modern environmentally-friendly technologies, and periodically review current technologies to ensure that we can always offer our clients the most sustainable options without sacrificing their needs.
Similarly we ensure that our suppliers offer the technologies that we require, and choose to make environmentally-friendly decisions where available.
APM is committed to providing regular internal reviews of sustainable business operating procedures and practices. We commit to regularly examine our performance of the implementation of sustainability practices with a commitment of continual improvement in these areas.
Finally, APM endorses the Designers Accord, which is a global coalition of designers, educators, and business leaders, working together to create positive environmental and social impact. We seek to help further the mission by adding awareness and support to the cause. For more information, visit the Designer Accord website at http://www.designersaccord.org/